The latest policy brief presents the insights and policy solutions stemming from the research carried out during the three years of the Horizon 2020 project
The latest GROWINPRO policy brief “The GROWINPRO policy package for unleashing sustainable and inclusive growth in the EU” – authored by Giovanni Dosi, Andrea Roventini and Tania Treibich, and published on the project website – presents the results and policy solutions stemming from the research carried out during the three years of the Horizon 2020 project.
The main goals of the project are to provide a detailed analysis of the causes of the anaemic growth performance observed in Europe during the last decades and to deliver a set of policy solutions aimed at restoring sustainable and inclusive economic growth with particular attention both on the demand- and on the supply-side.
After defining the context in which these policies will be implemented – a post pandemic society facing the societal challenge of climate change – the policy brief defines the policy mix that is needed to unleash sustainable and inclusive growth. The policy solutions include:
- Reforming the IPR regime.
- Support direct innovation policies.
- Good structural reforms to increase the rigidity of the labour market.
- Climate change policies grounded on command-and-control regulation and green investment to stay below 2C target and achieve sustainable growth.
- Creating a permanent EU fiscal capacity.
Finally, the policy brief discusses the GROWINPRO policy recommendations in light of the current European Union interventions.
Read here the full policy brief